Lydia Grace

Lydia Grace
Our first child, Lydia Grace

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

thankful

Christmas was incredibly difficult. I am glad it is over. Now the year is coming to an end, what a year! So many things happened this year...good and bad, beautiful moments and painful ones (sometimes simultaneously), laughter filled and tear filled, the ending of some friendships, the beginnings of new friendships and being part of another family.

Focusing on the blessings of 2010, I want to share the five things for which I am most thankful this year.

1. God's sustaining grace and provision in trials and sorrow.

2. My faithful, patient, kind husband with whom I look forward to spending the rest of my life.

3. Our precious daughter whom I will see again some day.

4. The family and new friends who have supported us with prayers, kindness, and love.

5. Our son growing and healthy inside me.

1 comment:

  1. Indeed! God has provided for us in this eventful year, in giving me a wonderful, beautiful, and loving wife, giving us a sweet daughter, a baby boy, provisions for healthcare of both children, support for our loss, family and friends who have deepened relationships and love through this year, and for me the sanity to complete everything school-related to being a Biblical husband. It was nice to read that I was a part of the 5 things you were thankful for.

    I pray that this year be less eventful (troublesome) and that we may continue to grieve with His comfort and fully express joy for our boy.

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete