Lydia Grace

Lydia Grace
Our first child, Lydia Grace

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Second Birthday

My dear Liddybug, Your birthday was not how I envisioned this year. We moved that day, planning to stop at Roselawn Memorial Park where your body is buried. Moving is stressful anytime--add 2 dogs, a toddler, and an 8 hour drive on the most emotionally challenging day of the year and it doesn't make for the most pleasant of birthday remembrances. I had an arrangement of flowers to leave for you, but parched ground did not allow the stake to be pushed in the earth. I poured water to soften the ground, but to no avail. As always, August 1 is miserably hot. We have moved, Lydia. Your physical body is buried in the town your daddy and I met and were married. It is the town where Daddy was baptized. The place you and your younger brother were born. I am homesick for that familiar, dear-to-my-heart place. Big city life is not my cup of tea. I don't like the crowds or traffic. I feel I don't have room to breathe. I am grateful for the place God has provided for us to stay. I am learning to live in this unfamiliar place. We are here because God led us here after doors closed on the direction we thought we were gnoing. I will trust Him in this, too. I selfishly wish you were here. I accept you will not live in this fallen world, praise the Lord for the hope in Him that together we will live in a new heaven and a new earth. Your time here is done. And what an impact that short time gas made. Forever I am changed. As you dance in heaven in the presence of God, I sit on earth and cry. Not tears void of hope, but still tears of sorrow. I miss you. Happy 2 nd birthday, my beautiful daughter. Love, Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment